Mac Miller's Cause of Death Listed as Fentanyl & Cocaine Overdose

Getty Images

Getty Images

USA rapper Mac Miller died as a result of an accidental overdose involving cocaine, fentanyl and alcohol, a coroner has concluded.

Miller was found unresponsive at his San Fernando Valley home on September 7, and in a toxicology report released Monday the coroner's office said he had ingested fentanyl, cocaine and alcohol.

According to new reports, Mac died from a mixture of fentanyl, cocaine, and ethanol.

The singer Prince had taken fentanyl before his death in 2016.

The rapper, whose real name was Malcolm James Myers McCormick, was generally healthy otherwise, the report stated. Unfortunately, McCormick struggled with staying sober, frequently slipping into excessive substance abuse.

Authorities performed an autopsy on Miller the following day but "a cause of death was deferred pending further investigation", the medical examiner's office said in a release. A rolled up $20 bill with white powdery residue was also found in his right pocket.




According to the newly released report, Mac's assistant found him unresponsive on his bed in a "praying position". Specifically, fentanyl, coke and alcohol were found in his system.

Reportedly, Mac was in "good spirits" in the lead up to the 7th of September, and had many projects that he was looking forward to working on.

Ariana Grande tore at our heartstrings when she posted this private video from when her and Mac Miller were together...

"I was not happy and I was on lean very heavy", he said.

Performers included John Mayer, SZA, and Chance the Rapper.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.