Law enforcement official: Three people killed in Maryland shooting

Multiple victims’ reported after shooting in Maryland

Multiple victims’ reported after shooting in Maryland

The shooter, reportedly a woman, is in custody and in a critical condition in hospital.

Gahler said Thursday there is no longer any threat at the site at a brief midday news conference.

Snochia Moseley was identified as the suspect in the mass shooting that left three people dead on September 20 at a Rite Aid distribution warehouse in Maryland. A law enforcement source told Reuters that the shooting was believed to have been sparked by a work-related grievance.

Walter Zambrano, who said he worked at the distribution centre, said he was in the bathroom when the shooting broke out and saw nothing as he hid, frightened for his life.

While acknowledging that multiple people had been shot and killed, the Harford County sheriff refused to provide a number as the investigation was in the "preliminary" stage.

She had been working at the Rite Aid distribution center for two weeks after being hired for the holiday season, according to Gahler.

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan commented on the incident.

She said her mother sent her a text message saying there was a shooter in the building and that she was hiding. He said people were shot both inside and outside the Rite Aid warehouse.

The incident comes after three people were killed and two others wounded in a shooting at a business park in October 2017, said the Post.

The sheriff said the suspect, who appeared to use a single handgun in the shooting, was a temporary employee at the facility and showed up for work as usual Thursday morning.

He said no law enforcement officers fired shots at the scene.

"Our prayers are with all those impacted, including our first responders", Hogan tweeted. She then heads back into the building and continues to fire shots.

Rite Aid spokeswoman Susan Henderson told CNN that the "distribution center is where products are received and processed for delivery". Others nearby helped the wounded, and one person tied blood-soaked jeans around an injured man's leg trying to stanch the bleeding.

The attack came almost three months after a man armed with a shotgun attacked a newspaper office in Annapolis, Maryland, killing five staff members. They said she fatally shot herself.

Agents of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the FBI were called to the scene.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.